Meringue Roulade is one of my favorite British dessert!
When I found it at a little tea room in the Cotswolds, I was shocked!
HOW CAN I ROLL WITH MERINGUE??
And after a few years, I started to work at Three Ways Hotel in England as a pastry chef.
They serve this meringue roulade in the summer, I was so excited to learn!!
And I was shocked again,
it is dead easy to make and how yummy it is!!
You can use whatever fruits in season but it should be tart!
Cherry is not tart really so I made it with chocolate meringue.
It worked so well, it should be!
It is like black forest, daaaaah!!
THIS IS THE BEST MERINGUE ROULADE I HAVE EVER MADE!!
Black Forest Meringue Roulade
- 4 egg whites
- 200 g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp molt vinegar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 200 g cream
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 200 g Greek yogurt
- 200 g cherry compote halved
- chocolate optional
- icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160c.
- Make meringue, whip the egg whites and add sugar gradually.
- And lastly add vanilla, cornstarch, vinegar and cocoa powder.
- Place the baking paper on the baking pan, and spread the meringue on it.
- Make it even.
- Put it in the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
- While it is baking, whip the cream with sugar and combine the yogurt. Leave it in the fridge.
- Prepare a new baking paper on the counter and dust icing sugar all over it.
- Place the baked meringue upside down on the prepared paper. And remove the baking paper slowly from the meringue.
- When the meringue is cooled, spread the cream and cherries all over it. Drizzle the shrreded chocolate if you wish.
- Now roll it.
- Put more chocolate on top if you like.