Fig mascarpone honey cake, that is a long name lol
But that is the best combination, never goes wrong!
I ate this cake for my breakfast and teatime and after dinner today lol
Like I said before, I am not a huge fun of fresh figs, not strong flavor right?
It is delicate and soft, and yes tasty and beautiful though.
So I had been thinking what to bake for a while.
I thought about tart but this soft figs are much better with cake I think.
So I decided to bake a moist cake with a bit of spice and honey.
These type of moist cake has to be sit at least one day before you eat.
It gets so much better after a few days.
You can bake a cake in advance and make mascarpone cream on the day you eat!
And actually I love eating the cake without cream too lol
But with figs, definitely with this mascarpone cream!!
Fig Mascarpone Honey Cake
- 170 g Flour
- 1/4 tbsp Bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 85 g Butter
- 55 g Brown sugar
- 55 g Treacle( Molassess)
- 55 g Golden Syrup
- 55 g Honey
- 120 g Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 200 g Mascarpone
- 200 ml Cream
- 20 g Light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Make Honey Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Prepare the baking tin with baking paper. (My tin is 18x9x6cm)
- Melt togethre the butter, treacle, syrup, honey and sugar.
- Shift the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs and milk together.
- Stir butter mixture and eggs into flour and combine well.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for about 45minutes.
- Leave it to cool.
- (if you bake on a day before, wrap with clingflim and store it in a cool place)
Make Mascarpone Cream
- If you are using a stand mixer, put all the ingredients and whip together.
- If you are whipping by hand, soften mascarpone cheese.
- Whip the cream with vanilla and sugar.
- Add 1/2 of cream to mascarpone and mix well, then combine the rest of cream.
- Decorate the cake with cream and figs.
- I cut top of the cake and put upsidedown so that you have completly flat serface to pipe.