I am a big believer of the fact that chocolate can cure everything.
I don’t know how many chocolate cake I have ever baked.
And this is absolute my favorite.
I mean, you can see the texture right?
How rich it is!!
As soon as I found this cake in the book “Dessert” by James Martin when I was in England,
I knew this was good.
I was so excited to bake but the result? Honestly I couldn’t satisfied 100%.
I tested so many times with different cake tins and different baking time.
And finally!! This is it!
THIS IS THE BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE EVER!!
All the chocolate lovers would love this for sure.
If you tried, please let me know if you like it!
Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 300 g good quality dark chocolate
- 150 g butter
- 6 eggs separated
- 50 g granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Line the base and saides of 18cm spring bottomed cake tin with baking paper.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a bowl and put it over a pan of simmering water.
- Whisk egg yolks with 2tbsp of sugar and mix well with the melted chocolate and butter.
- Make meringue with egg whites and remaining sugar.
- Fold the meringue into the chocolate mixture gently.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 35-40minutes.